Code of Conduct
Kingdoms of Kahara Code of Conduct
These are general rules which apply across the game.
- Don’t harass fellow players.
- Plots and backstories involving or centered around rape are not allowed on Kingdoms of Kahara.
- Explicit sexual RP is not allowed. Should a scene progress to a point where such activity would happen, players should "fade to black."
- Do not use abusive or hateful language out of character.
- When you make a character on Kingdom of Kahara, you understand you are consenting to things happening to your character that you may not have planned. Ideally should a player want to enact a major event upon another player they should discuss it and agree. However this is not always possible, in which case skill rolls will be used to adjudicate the situation.
If a player believes these rules are being violated they should report it to staff, ideally with keywords and a date and time the issue happened. We maintain command logs for the safety and security of the game we can check. Screenshots can also help, but for security reasons system logs will take precedence.
Violations of the code of conduct can lead to a range of disciplinary actions up to and including temporary and permanent bans.
Specific rules cover more specialized areas of policy.
Character Making Rules
- Characters without special traits such as Elite or Patron will be evaluated on a "shall approve" basis. This means characters will generally be approved unless we have a reason to deny the application.
- Kingdoms of Kahara doesn't have an arbitrary limit on how many characters a player may have, but players should make a good faith effort to keep their characters active.
- Alts should not give material aid to each other and should avoid significant interactions.
Authority Character Rules
Whether noble or wielding some other form of major authority over other characters (authority characters), we have a couple things to keep in mind for these characters.
- It is up to the discretion of the staff whether or not we want to approve authority characters at any given time. Consult staff before trying to make one.
- Unlike general characters, applications for authority characters will be subject to more stringent requirements for background and concept.
- Authority characters are expected to generate RP above and beyond what we expect of other characters. Those with more authority will be expected to generate more RP than those with less.
- If you feel you are no longer able to play an authority character you have, consult staff to try and figure out what to do with the character. We don't want any PCs under your character's authority to be stuck if you won't be around.
- Authority characters have easier access to the Elite and Patron traits, but this also means their actions in character are under more intense scrutiny and it is possible to lose these traits through in character misconduct. Authority characters, more than other characters, are bound to more obligations and rules than those without authority, such as the case with nobles.